You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Thursday 9 October 2008

Week of making do


I've blogged before on the idea of credit crunch cooking, but this week really has taken the biscuit. Using the cupboard essentials, and buying only some ham, mince, cheese and the organic veg delivery, I've conjured up:

Rigatoni bolognaise
Macaroni cheese with leeks
Carrot and cumin soup
Penne with ham, peas and cheese sauce
Homemade beefburgers with chips
...and there will be a mushroom risotto using dried porcini.

I don't have a lot of cash this week, and I do have some salmon and prawns in the freezer that I'm keeping for the weekend! But it's interesting how soup and pasta suddenly become real peasant staples. I feel like I have eaten like a Gastro Queen all week, and yet, I'm totally skint. I get paid next Wednesday, so expect a restaurant review around then!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home