You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Friday 12 September 2008

Best dessert in Glasgow?


My pal Lisa asked me 'where's the best place to take someone in Glasgow for dessert?'

I suppose this will depend on your definition of dessert... to me, plain patisserie is not dessert, but then, I'm Scottish and we do expect things to be a bit more substantial. My Top Ten Restaurants (see the entry 'Restaurant Reviews' in the right hand menu) mostly do wonderful desserts. If you're anywhere on the Southside, I defy you not to swoon over the sundaes at Battlefield Rest (my favourite is the Roy's Cup, which I think is honeycomb ice cream, with strawberries and Amaretto). City Centre desserts - I would perhaps nudge you to the Gandolfi above all else, and their coffee is lovely. It's a romantic place to share a dessert, forks crossed!
For the Westenders, I love The Sisters Kelvingrove on Kelvingrove Street... delicious, wonderful cakes. But bear in mind that Byres Road is home to lots of cafes selling homemade cake - plenty of choice!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home