You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Sunday 14 September 2008

Tinto Tapas

One of my top ten Glasgow Restaurants is a wee, unassuming place on Battlefield Road, spitting distance from the hospital, called Tinto. It is still in my top ten after my lunch there today with Mr Gastro, before he headed off for work.

We shared seven plates of glorious tapas. Mr G had two beers and I had an orange and lemonade. If I tell you that including tip, we paid £30, hopefully you can see that this is a bit of a bargain. We ate deep fried whitebait with smoked bacon and paprika, tabla imberico (the meat and cheese plate with olives), gambas pil pil (chilli and garlic king prawn), patatas bravas (fried potatoes with a spicy tomato dip that tasted like harissa), morcilla (Spanish black pudding), aubergine fritters, and lamb kebabs. A plethora of tastes and treats. I can't wait to go back. And if you get the chance, do try the whitebait.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home