You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Wednesday 10 September 2008

Spag bol and deli dinners


I abandoned my ambitious crostini tonight when I realised I had no frozen mussels, and the weather was preventing a trip to the fishmonger. I decided to scrap it, and make good old spag bol instead. Maybe a bit heavy with the caramel croissant pudding for afters... but it was easily kept warm for Mr Gastro, and I could help myself as soon as it was ready. 

As I'm going to be cooking for one next week (Mr Gastro is away for work), spag bol might be on the menu again. I just don't put as much effort into cooking when it's only me, but I really should. Perhaps I'll go to a deli and buy some nice cheese, bread and meat; and have some picnic-style dinners! I bought some brioche earlier along with the croissants, and I'm waiting for it to go stale so I can make Mr. G a going-away bread-and-butter pudding... I say it's for him, but we all know the truth... 
GGx

Picture by Sarah Sosiak, Flickr

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home