You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Sunday 21 September 2008

Dinner with Mr Gastro, lunch with Mama Gastro


Not much food excitement this week on the home front as things have been a bit chaotic! Bought a tub of sun dried tomatoes, some antipasti, crackers, bread and cheese and have been grazing most nights.
But, on Thursday night, Mr Gastro treated me with a trip to one of my Top 10 restaurants in Glasgow, the Battlefield Rest. It was such a joy - as usual. I have honestly never been disappointed with a meal here. After my failed attempt a week or so ago, I started with their crostini bonco (just wonderful), continued with panfried duck, with figs anda mustard, honey and port sauce; which was so lovely and sweet, and then a Roy's Cup sundae. All of this washed down with Prosecco and it was just divine. Mr Gastro had the smoked fish crepe and the Chicken Montenara, and couldn't resist the Roy's Cup... all in all another wonderful night at a Glasgow jewel.
On Saturday, Mama Gastro and I had macaroni (as you can tell, I'm a fan of macaroni cheese in a pub lunch context!) at Sloans', the pub down the lane between Argyle St and Buchanan Street. They were run off their feet, and the menu was huge - but the macaroni was hot, gooey and filling - just exactly what the doctor ordered. So much so, that there was no room for a sweet. 
Hoping to cook a bit more in the coming fortnight! 

Picture from Flickr user juliebee.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home