You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Wednesday 10 September 2008

Dilemma


After meeting a pal in the West End yesterday my 'rain food' (see below!) ended up being a beautiful, steaming pot of mussels from Brel, in a garlic and white-wine cream. Absolutely delicious. I made moules mariniere for Mr Gastro not so long ago, with a huge (2kg) bag of mussels from Alan Beveridge (near Hillhead underground), some garlic, wine, shallot and parsley. He seemed to enjoy it, so I may repeat the feat soon.

Having come in last night and had a late coq au vin supper (yes, even after the mussels!) I need to do a bit of cooking this afternoon for tonight. Maybe something a bit simpler, like a penne arriabiata, or some mini vegetable filo pies with the Filo pastry I have in the freezer.... 
I think I need to go food shopping, and then decide! 

Photo by peskymac, Flickr.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home