You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Rain food


It's howling a gale outside, and raining heavily. I have my coq au vin ready for when I get in later, but I'm working late tonight and might need something to tide me over. When the weather's like this, traditional West Coast weather, I want traditional food. Like cock-a-leekie soup, or even Scotch broth. I'm going to be in the West End at lunchtime, and am worried that none of the trendy eateries will sell something so, well, ordinary.

The first place I'm going to try will be Naked Soup, which I used to frequent in its previous premises on Byres Road, and is now happily settled on Kersland Street (at Great Western Road). I can't remember if they do Scottish soups, but the last time I was there, I had a Thai chicken soup which was absolutely wonderful, full of chicken and the smell of lemongrass. It came with an apple, a roll and a drink if memory serves me. My fingers are crossed for the rainy day soups of my childhood.


Photo by Wysz, Flickr.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home