You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Monday 8 September 2008

Mulberry Street, Tapa Coffeehouse


The title may have you fooled in thinking I nipped off to New York; but no, I went for lunch today to Mulberry St., the smart bistro and bar at the corner of Regent Park Square and Pollokshaws Road. I was really tired and hungry, in need of some serious carbs, and I had their macaroni cheese which was packed full of cheese and served with a piping hot bowl of crispy fries. Mr Gastro had a pork roast special, which looked (and smelt!) absolutely wonderful. This is one of my favourite pubs, and the food is really decent too. The lovely Sunday breakfasts on offer are a firm favourite, you can just chill out with a paper and listen to some great, relaxing music (in the space of an hour we were treated to Sinatra, The Blue Nile and Ella Fitzgerald. Bliss). While I was there, I nipped across to the new branch of Tapa (the Dennistoun bakery), on Pollokshaws Road. I had bought one of their loaves at the Queens Park Farmers Market a few weeks ago and was not disappointed - it was their Struan loaf, made with milk and honey. Gorgeous with butter and nice jam. I'm looking forward to breakfast tomorrow...!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home