You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Saturday 15 November 2008

An Lochan

Spent the afternoon having a lovely lunch with Mama Gastro at An Lochan on the Crow Road. I had a HUGE plate of langoustines with lemon mayo, followed by the absolutely amazing scallops wrapped in bacon with black pudding. Regular readers will know my scallop fetish and these were so big and juicy I can hardly describe them! We finished with a Scottish cheese platter - a nice touch is that they have a cheese menu, where you select your choices for your plate. We feasted on Aiket, Ayrshire Bonnet goats' cheese, Lanark Blue, Smoked Mull Brie and Smoked Applewood Cheddar, which came with apple, celery, chutney and gorgeous homemade oatcakes, beautifully presented on a slate tile. Just wonderful. Going straight in my top ten, which badly needs an update! I may even have to start doing top fives in different categories...

There has been a bit of a gap in my posts - I'm now all set up with LifeCast on my iPhone so I can blog on the go! Hopefully this means more snappy restaurant reviews.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home