You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Friday 24 October 2008

Gandolfi Fish


Out last night for my first visit to Gandolfi Fish. The service was probably the best I have ever encountered in Glasgow, our waiter was happy to give recommendations and chatted to us through the meal. This is certainly the home of the expense-account brigade, but for a treat it's hard to see how it could be beaten.
I started with the beautiful scallops, served with crispy pancetta, avocado purée and mustard dressing (see picture). It was hard to imagine anything topping the scallops at Catch 22... but these did. It was followed by a half lobster, served with chips, mayo and salsa verde. I received a whole lobster as apparently the ones caught today was very small! Mr Gastro had squid with Stormoway black pudding, then a whole baked mackerel. Outstanding food. I will be back when I can afford it!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home