You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Top Ten and SubGrub

I was reminded after my meal at the old Buttery that I hadn't updated my top ten for quite some time. I also had the idea of a subway eating trail, based on the 'Subcrawl' which sees students riding Glasgow's circular underground train, getting off at each stop and downing a drink in each pub. I would hope to be a bit more discerning than this though - so I hope to pick my favourite restaurants or cafes within a ten minute walk of each stop at some point!

My overall top ten at the moment are:
1. Two Fat Ladies (any of them, they are all fantastic)
2. Gandolfi Fish
3. Battlefield Rest
4. The Wee Curry Shop
5. Cafe Gandolfi
6. The Sisters Kelvingrove
7. An Lochan
8. Sarti's (Bath Street)
9. Thai Siam
10. Blas


I have to confess that I've only eaten in the List's Top Restaurant for 09, Stravaigin, once - and it was so long ago I feel I can't judge it properly. As well as a few others (particularly Banana Leaf and Crabshakk) I will hopefully try it out soon.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home