You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Gordon Ramsay Plane Food






On my way home from London, I had to stop in at Gordon Ramsay's Plane Food at Terminal 5. Given the prices of airport food, it was well worth the money (the only gripe being the inclusion of both a cover charge and a service charge!) - great quality food. I had a couple of glasses of a lovely South African chardonnay, and ordered the Suffolk pork cutlet with strips of pork belly, savoy cabbage, organic carrots and a barbecue sauce. I also ordered a side of chips.

All for under £30, including the aforementioned charges!

The chips were the best I've ever eaten, triple fried, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The pork was delicious, as was the sauce. The belly in particular was almost like a meaty creme brulee, crackly on top but melting and quivering underneath. My wine was smooth and the service was excellent. Hard to fault for what it is, and by a mile the best food I've ever eaten in an airport.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home