You say Potato, I say Tattie...

Sunday 23 November 2008

Pollokshields!

I'm househunting in Pollokshields at the moment, and so last weekend I took Mr Gastro out for a brunch at Shields perennial, Moyra Janes. Mr Gastro had his all-time favourite, waffles with bacon and maple syrup (born on the wrong continent I think!) and I had mine, eggs benedict. Funny how for two people who love food so much, some of our favourite meals are really breakfasts. It truly is the meal of kings.

We did a bit of food shopping there too, at the Zucchini grocers and the Mise en Place deli. The grocers was brimming with shiny, fresh vegetables and reminded me of the big Roots and Fruits on Great Western Road! We bought oatcakes and cheeses from the deli for a late-night snack, to be consumed along with West Wing episodes, and followed by wonderfully hallucinogenic dreams....

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home